Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Having an Anniversary on Star Wars Day

Today has been an excellent day for many reasons, but one of them is simply that our anniversary is on arguably on of the nerdiest days of the year, Star Wars Day!

When we first decided to get married, we didn't intentionally pick May 4th as the day we would be sealed. It so happened that we wanted to get married very soon after the semester ended and whenever most of our family would be available to come. That day happened to be May 4th. Can I just say how glad I am that Star Wars Day is our anniversary?




It is super easy to remember and one of the things Ashley and I connected with very early on was our nerdy/geeky/fanatical pursuits. We were talking one day while we were just dating and found out that independently we both wanted to go to Harry Potter World in Universal Orlando for a dream honeymoon to whomever we married. Well, if that's not a sign I don't know what is.




Ashley has been a very patient, kind, and loving wife and mother. She is extremely loyal, which is my most valued quality about her. Besides that, I simply love how much fun we have.

I love the days when we just hang out or are silly during the whole football game. We are best friends, I know everyone says that, but have you met this girl? She's awesome!




Now we have had ups and downs, struggles and triumphs, and we have worked very hard to make our marriage what it is. Guess what? We're still working hard on it.

I love Ashley so much and I love hanging out with her. Tonight for our anniversary, we're going to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens and camp out in our living room. We're going to cook tin foil dinners and we bought a BUNCH of snacks, because truthfully, when you go camping you pack a lot of snacks.



I'm so thankful to Heavenly Father for my amazing family. Everyday that goes by, it just seems like things get progressively better.



No comments:

Post a Comment