Monday, August 29, 2016

Summer Wrap-Up

Summer went by as quickly as ever. I don't mind, because it means fall is just around the corner and that's my favorite season!

My family had a small family reunion just over a week ago; just my parents, my siblings and their spouses, and kids. It was super fun! I always love seeing everyone! We went to Park City, which was my first time being there. We took some family pictures...

Love this family of mine!


...Then hit the Alpine Slides:



The ski lift to the top of the Slides was a beautiful ride, but also terrifying to someone like me who is afraid of heights.



And then there were the names of the slides like "Last Chance" and "Crooked Shaft", which perpetuated my nervousness.


But by the time the slide was done, most of us were eager for more. It was a blast.



It wasn't all fun and games though. The stomach flu had started going around just before the reunion. Most of the family didn't pick it up at the reunion, to my knowledge, but a few days in, it hit me pretty hard. The nice thing was that I got it while we were there, instead of after, so I was able to feel like death without having to worry about taking care of anyone since there was plenty of help around.

The twins got so loved on!

Unfortunately, Jacob caught the bug a few days later after we had gone home. The poor guy was totally miserable for a few days. He was crying and whining most of the time, and very clingy but not always content to just lay and cuddle because of his discomfort. Whenever he did calm down enough to cuddle and fall asleep in our arms though, it was pretty sweet.


Thankfully, even though Lauren has had a cold practically since we've been home, she's been a pretty happy girl. This made it a lot easier to take care of Jacob.

She's our crazy, silly, happy girl. :)
We're all on the upswing now (hopefully... the jury's out on Josh currently). And now today Josh started school at BYU again! He's got a couple years in front of him, and is really excited about his classes this semester. I'm so proud of him!

He's so adorable.
And that's a wrap for our summer! Here's to a great fall!


Love,
Ashley

1 comment: