Wednesday, January 29, 2014

2013 Wrap-Up

It's been 2014 for almost a month now, so it's about time I paid tribute to Christmas break and the coming of the New Year before February gets here. We drove down to Texas with Trevin and Kim to stay with my family for a week, after which Josh and I flew out to Indiana to stay with his family for the second week.

It was wonderful to be back at home with my family, not going home to live with them during the breaks has been one of the harder things for me to adjust to being married. We had so much fun with everyone! Here are some pictures from that part of the trip...

I decided I wanted to change up my hair for
the New Year, so at first I cut it to about
chin-length, but then I decided to just go for
it and chopped it all off. Turns out I kinda
love it! (Picture taken at the High School
Football State Championship game,
which by the way WE WON and it was
AWESOME.)

All the girls getting pedicures! Well, Mom and
Kim are there too, but they were on the other
side of the room.

Making popcorn balls!

In our Christmas jammies!

I always miss our dogs; Lulu is so crazy, I love her!

Matching! Aren't we precious?

Matching some more. Good thing we love it! :)

Being silly on the way to the airport.

Goodbye Texas...

Leaving Texas and my family was kind of heartbreaking, but I was excited to spend some time with Josh's family, get to know them a little better, and see Indiana for the first time! Even though it's stupid winter. We had a great time! Here are some more pics...

Josh's mom got us a carriage ride and a night in a nice hotel!
 Luckily the carriage was covered, 'cause it was COLD
outside, but we had a blast taking a ride around Indianapolis!

I am IN LOVE with Christmas lights!!

Their adorable dog Buddy! :)

I love puzzles, and did a couple while we were there!


Some views from the plane flying back to Salt Lake...


I had such a wonderful break! It is so good to be with family, and I always hate to come back to "real life". But I am optimistic with the start of the New Year (aren't we all, at first?). I have some goals that I hopefully won't neglect before February is even over, like many New Year's Resolutions do, including reading goals and running a 5K (maybe multiple!), among others.

There a are few other changes happening too! I got a job at Chick-fil-A; I worked there in Texas too, but I just couldn't stay away when they opened up a new one here in Provo! Plus Trevin and Kim are working there as well, so that's also fun. (Chanelle and Cody - before his mission - worked there also, so we're basically planning a slow takeover of the company.) I'm also taking private voice lessons, which is both exciting and scary! (Don't ask me to sing a solo in Sacrament Meeting or anything though!) Josh is switching his major from film to communications, and he's pretty excited about it, which is great! And now that the Provo Temple is open again we're back to volunteering there on Saturdays, and we really love it. When we first started working there I thought the shifts would feel so long, but it's been a wonderful experience! We're also both trying to get ourselves more organized and time-efficient so that we don't have to stress as much! 

I am so incredibly grateful for the past year. It has really been the most life-changing year of my life! I still can't believe that someone like Josh wanted to marry me, but he continues to love me and I feel blessed beyond words to have him in my life.

~ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment